Monday, January 21, 2013

UP TO THE MOUNTAIN

          MLK Day Tribute


Sunburst over Pilot from Moore's Knob
Patty Griffin wrote a wonderful song in tribute to the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  It is linked above and it is my hope that you will listen to the words as you contemplate the beautiful mountains and your commitment to the service of others.


Mountain Climber at Pilot Mountian







 "I went up to the Mountain, because you asked me to.  Up over the clouds to where the sky is blue-I could see all around me, everywhere- I could see all around me, everywhere"


Shortoff Mountain Trail










"Sometimes I feel like I've never been nothing but tired and I'll be working till the day I expire.  Sometimes I lay down, no more can I do.  But I go on again, cause you ask me to."


























Cooks Wall





Cooks Wall

"Somedays I look down, afraid I will fall and though the sun shines I see nothing at all.  Then I hear your sweet voice, oh.  Oh, come and then go.  Telling me softly, you love me so!"

Cooks Wall Couple at Hanging Rock State Park

Shortoff Mountain


  







 "The peaceful valley just over the mountain. The peaceful valley, few come to know."
















Lake James


















"I may never get there, ever in this lifetime"

But sooner or later, it's there I will go.  Sooner or later, it's there I will go."      AMEN!



No comments:

Post a Comment